Wednesday, October 27, 2010

"The Seven Sermons to the Dead" (1916) by Carl Gustav Jung


Jung with his wife and children at Château-d'Oex, Switzerland, in 1918.


Today I was visiting Carl Gustav Jung in Château-d'Oex on my way to Vevey. We have talked about his new book, The Seven Sermons to the Dead. Jung gave me a copy of this limited edition.

In appreciation I handed him a bibliophile book from my Cranach Press.

"The Seven Sermons to the Dead", Septem Sermones ad Mortuos, might best be described as the "summary revelation of the Red Book". It is the only portion of the imaginative material contained in the Red Book manuscripts that C.G. Jung shared more or less publicly during his lifetime. To comprehend the importance of the Septem Sermones, one must understand the events behind the writing of the Red Book itself -- a task ultimately facilitated by the epochal publication of Jung's Red Book. See The Making of The Red Book on YouTube.
Best HGK
Recommended books & movies. By free clicking on the Googel ads (blue box) and the book covers of the recommended books and movies from AMAZON store, you support culture!
---
                  

1 comment:

  1. I'm bit confused cause the seven sermons to the dead is summary revelation of the red book. At first I thought both of them are different books.

    ReplyDelete